Contact Computype now to arrange a meeting with one of our Sales Managers, for tyre-industry focused RFID solutions.
RFID Advanced Tyre Identification and Tracking
RFID is helping manufacturers to identify, track, and manage tyres all through their production and distribution processes, increasing read rates, cutting labour costs, reducing scrap and rework…
Computype Tyre Technology RFID Interview
40 years tyre industry experience counts
Computype has been working with tyre manufacturers worldwide for 40 years. Through these partnerships we’ve come to understand the processes you work with in detail.
So when it comes to applying RFID technology in tyre production, our unrivalled materials engineering expertise, industry knowledge and collaborative approach are key.
They ensure that your RFID solution is custom designed and built to work through your demanding processes, such as vulcanization.
Advice from Computype's expert
"Understanding the relationship between the read distance and material is the most challengeing part of the RFID development process for tyres. Not coincidentall, this is also the most important aspect because a tyre is a marvel of engineering. The read distance is dependant upon the manufacturing process and the propietary tyre construction, materials and fabrication methods, and requires a commitment to collaborative innovation. Ensure you're working with an industry partner that can develop a high reliability system to match your requirements and automation system goals."
--Mike Sanislo, Computype VP of RFID Systems.
Benefits you can depend on
- Total automation saves on labor. The chip-held data is accessed or managed automatically
- Easily integrated system – Computype’s RFID solution is proven to be simple to integrate and reliable in demanding, high volume tyre production environments
- With no line of sight required, exceptionally high read rates are achieved, minimizing waste and rework
- Labels are designed and engineered specifically to handle the demands of tyre production
- Real time tracking – tyres can be reliably tracked from the moment the smart label is attached to a ‘green’ tyre, through all processes and distribution
- Along with its unique ID information, the label can receive, store and transmit dynamic data relating to differing points in the tyre’s ‘lifetime’
- Colour-correct and high quality branding reproduction - Computype’s hybrid smart label enables excellent print quality
RFID at a glance
RFID is essentially an extremely inexpensive form of wireless communication combined with an equally low cost computer – the chip itself.
The chip – or computer – within the passive tag is powered by the energy of the radio waves it receives, driving its read/write capabilities whenever the reader emits its signal.
This is a representation of how the simple passive tag version of RFID operates. The reader creates an electromagnetic field, and transmits information to the tag. The tag is powered-up and ‘back scatters’ the reader’s signal, to transmit information back to the reader.
Computype’s custom label solution for tyres
Robust materials science is the key to reliable RFID performance in demanding situations such as tyre production.
The diagram shows Computype’s ‘hybrid’ smart label, combining human-readable information, a conventional barcode and an encapsulated RFID tag.
One of the great added advantages of this solution is that colour-correct branding high quality print can also be achieved.
We’re easy to work with
Computype’s design and engineering teams will work with their counterparts in your organisation collaboratively.
We can help establish precisely how RFID technology will add the most value to your specific situation. Working in partnership with your teams, Computype can help produce a business case justification for your RFID adoption, right through to design, sourcing, installation, and commissioning.
Want to know more? Download our RFID solutions datasheet now.