You don’t have to make the tradeoff between efficient research processes or accurate sample IDs.
Pre-barcoded labware helps organisations focused on pharmaceutical development, biotechnology, repository storage and other healthcare fields improve time, budget, staffing and inventory cost savings.
At the same time, you benefit from improved label and data consistency. Learn three reasons why outsourcing your labware labelling increases the accuracy of your sample tracking.
Why Pre-Labelled Labware Improves Sample Tracking Accuracy
- The selected ID technology withstands your storage conditions and testing processes
- Containers are already tare weighed when they arrive
- Labware is inspected and already assorted before shipment
1. The Selected ID Technology Withstands Your Storage Conditions And Testing Processes
When labels wing off or fade during cryo storage or research testing processes, you lose valuable information about your samples.
Pre-labelled labware uses proprietary adhesives and effective direct marking technologies to ensure your containers withstand chemicals such as:
Additionally, your marked and prepared labware endures the following temperatures:
- Oven: 500 degrees Celsius
- Autoclave: 122 degrees Celsius
- Incubator: 40 degrees Celsius
- Refrigerator: 4 degrees Celsius
- Freezer: -20 degrees Celsius
- Deep freeze: -80 degrees Celsius
- Vapour phase: -120 degrees Celsius
- Liquid nitrogen: -196 degrees Celsius
Scannable barcodes that withstand your research processes help you to track every container and preserve your sample ID accuracy.
Want to learn which barcode marking technology would best suit your process? Take our free quiz!
2. Containers Are Already Tare Weighed When They Arrive
Tare weighing services remove a time-consuming step from your research team’s process. Your label supplier tare weighs pre-identified containers in a focused, controlled environment to ensure absolute accuracy.
Your supplier also uses advanced equipment and software, to provide you with a spreadsheet data summary.
The compiled data helps to improve your research and analysis accuracy. But most importantly, you avoid costly time spent and the risks of human error in tare weighing.
3. Labware Is Inspected And Already Assorted Before Shipment
Quality assurance is essential. Make sure you work with a label solutions provider that verifies:
- The symbols on every label are scanned multiple times
- Decoded numbers are within your requested range
- Symbols are in the correct position to integrate with your automated systems
- Symbols are scannable and decode accurately
- No gap exists in the sequence
When your labware arrives, it will be packaged sequentially and ready to use according to your specifications. Your label supplier should maintain sequence integrity to make sure there are no duplicates or missing labels.
Choosing The Right Pre-Barcoded Labware
You can order the following types of pre-barcoded labware to match your research needs:
- Tubes and vials
- High-recovery vials
- Microscope slides
- Microwell plates
- Other labware
If you need a more efficient way to name, track or organise your assets and samples, consider speaking with an expert in healthcare labels. The right label solutions provider will work with you to determine the best barcode technology for your unique lab environment and research processes.