First off, we apologise that the rumor of us exiting the library labelling business ever got started. We also apologise for taking so long to address it. If we had a nickel for every time we heard the question ‘are you still in the business of making library labels?’ over the course of the last year, we could probably all retire.
All kidding aside, the answer to that question is ‘Yes!’ we are very much still in the business of manufacturing the barcode and spine labels that your library depends on. This is where Computype got its start over 40 years ago, and while we’ll admit that we’ve struggled with & since modified our internal strategy related to this product portfolio over the last few years, we are very much still dedicated to producing library labels.
So, below is everything you need to know about working with Computype to source your library labels!
What DOES Computype offer in relation to library labelling?
Computype continues to offer the following trusted library tracking solutions:
- Item barcode labels
- Spine labels
- CD/DVD labels
- Patron cards, with or without Key FOB sets
- Label printers and scanners
No more tracking service?
Sadly, this rumor is actually true. As a result of internal infrastructure updates we simply couldn’t justify what would have been an increase in price for both us and you in order to keep the service afloat. Here are the basics surrounding the service discontinuation:
- The service will discontinue on Oct 1, 2019. From Oct 1 - Dec 1, 2019 you will have read only access to your barcode range history
- Computype will still provide printed barcode labels and we will continue to maintain a history of the numbers we produce. When placing an order with us from now on, you must provide the next start number
- While we would like to refer to you to another source for this service, we aren’t aware of anyone else who offers it! So, our best recommendation to manage this yourself is to simply start a spreadsheet
No more online ordering?
Also true. Due to lack of usage, we’ve decided to discontinue the ‘My Account’ online ordering module from our website. The good news (or bad news, depending on how you look at it!), is that you can still easily order from us, but you just might have to deal with a real human in order to accomplish it 😊
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Range Request System will be made ineffective on October 1, 2019
- The Online Web Ordering System will be made ineffective on December 1, 2019
- The easiest way to reorder is to request an order form from email@example.com
Still have questions? Need an order form?
How to work together moving forward
The silver lining is that without the online web ordering system, we’ll get to work together more closely moving forward.
To request an order form, place orders, or check order status, the best approach is contacting us per the below!
In North America:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 800-328-0852
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: +44 (0) 1482-835366
If you’re using printer systems in your library & need to request help or guidance from our technical team, please contact them @ firstname.lastname@example.org