Instructions on how to install a transfer ribbon in the cab XC6/4 printer
- Clean printhead before loading the transfer ribbon.
- Turn lever (1) counterclockwise to open the printhead.
- Slide transfer ribbon roll (4) onto the ribbon supply hub (5) until it stops and so that the color coating of the ribbon faces away from the printhead after loading.
- Hold ribbon supply hub (5) firmly and turn knob (6) counterclockwise until the transfer ribbon roll is secured.
- Slide suitable ribbon core (2) onto the transfer ribbon take-up hub (3) and secure it in the same way.
- Guide transfer ribbon through the print unit as shown in figure 14. The broken line shows the path for ribbon with inkside out.
- Secure starting end of transfer ribbon to the transfer ribbon core (2) with adhesive tape. Ensure counterclockwise rotation direction of the transfer ribbon take-up hub here.
- Turn transfer ribbon take-up hub (3) counterclockwise to smooth out the feed path of the transfer ribbon.
- Turn lever (1) clockwise to close the printhead.
Source: “Label Printers XC Series.” Cab, www.cab.de/en/marking/label-printer/xc-series.