CAB AXON 2 AUTOMATIC TUBE LABEL APPLICATION
Compact, reliable desktop label automation to boost laboratory efficiency.
Before cab Technologies introduced the Axon 2 print and apply system, label automation was not nearly as accessible for most laboratories. The cab Axon 2 now provides a powerful solution that is both affordable and easy to implement. Whether you’re just getting started with label automation or you’re looking to supplement a larger automation strategy, the Axon 2 can improve accuracy and efficiency in your facility.
cab Axon 2 benchtop print and apply labeler
- Easily implement automation in any lab with this affordable, low-commitment solution
- Improve efficiency and accuracy with fast and reliable precision label placement
- Free your staff to focus on scientific activities rather than prep work
- Reduce downtime and rework caused by manual labeling errors
Efficient labeling solutions to streamline prep work
Applying labels automatically can look very different from lab to lab. Some applicators still require an operator to place the tube, while others are bulk-fed may not require any operator involvement for hours at a time. Some may be better suited for robotic handling and conveyor systems, while some can fit comfortably on a benchtop. Determining how you can achieve the most value with automation requires auditing your current needs and future goals with an automation specialist.
Greatly increase throughput volumes with fast and steady label application
Smooth, even, and accurate label placement to improve consistency
Ensure successful barcode scans throughout your workflow
cab Axon 2 key features
cab’s Axon 2 is an automatic tube and vial label applicator featuring a German-engineered cab print engine. In the short time it’s been around it has earned an excellent reputation for being reliable and affordable. The Axon 2 and 2.1 are low-volume tube and vial label printer/applicators designed to make automation a viable solution for every lab. These units are comprised of a cab SQUIX printer and an attached applicator system. If you are new to automation in the lab, this solution is a great first step.
- The Axon 2 is a semi-automated applicator requiring some operator involvement
- Optional accessories are available to increase automation including a hand switch
- Overall processing speed varies due to operator involvement, typically around 4 seconds per tube
- Reduce or eliminate risk of repetitive strain injury
- The compact design makes the Axon 2 an ideal choice for tight spaces
- Fast and easy change-overs for different tube sizes
- The Axon’s print and apply automation is best for low to moderate throughput volumes
- 300 or 600 dpi print resolution available for high-contrast imaging
|cab Axon 2||Specifics|
|Print Technology||Thermal transfer|
|Print Resolution||300 or 600 dpi|
|Print Speed||100 mm/s|
|Tube/Vial Diameter||7-26 mm|
|Tube/Vial Length||20-50 mm or 32-130 mm|
|Label Width||5-25.4 mm or 5-56 mm|
|Label Height||> 12 mm|
intuitive lcd screen
horizontal print rollers
cab Axon 2 tube and vial labeler demo video
The Axon 2 is a low throughput volume tube and vial label applicator offering reduced operator involvement when compared to manual labeling. The operator places the tube or vial in the applicator arms, taps the touchscreen icon and the labeled tube is either dropped into the tray or removed by hand.
Related Articles from our blog:
- Top 5 Automatic Label Applicators for Labware
- cab Axon 1 Automatic Barcode Printer Applicator Review
- 10 Tips for Integrating Barcoding with Your Laboratory Workflow Automation