AUTOMATIC MICROWELL PLATE LABELING SYSTEM
Efficient, precision label automation for laboratory well plates.
The Eclipse applicator series has three microplate labelers to accommodate varied needs and ensure that your investment aligns with what’s most valuable to your facility. Microplate label automation can improve efficiencies and reduce rework as well as provide significant improvements in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.
Eclipse series automated microplate labelers
- Increased throughput volumes with faster labeling speeds and decreased downtime
- Automatic scan verification ensures labels are readable and accurate prior to application
- Achieve precision label placement to preserve functionality and successful scans downstream
- Free your staff to focus on scientific activities without being stalled by prep work
Efficient labeling solutions to streamline prep work
Keep labeling controls in-house whilst still improving efficiencies, placement accuracy, and overall productivity with microplate label application automation systems. Determining how you can achieve the most value with automation requires auditing your current needs and future goals with an automation specialist. Depending on volume, ROI can be met extremely fast, and errors related to identification are virtually eliminated.
Greatly increase throughput volumes with fast and steady label application
Smooth, even, and accurate label placement to improve consistency
Ensure successful barcode scans throughout your workflow
Eclipse series key features
With the Eclipse series, each plate must simply be placed in the applicator prior to label application. This feature alone equips any model in the Eclipse series to achieve the goals most commonly associated with automation—increased throughput speeds, precision placement and reduced operator effort—all with a small footprint. Every model can accommodate blank labels as well as pre-printed labels, utilizing thermal transfer technology for print and apply automation.
- Easily integrated into system workflows, or utilize as a standalone system
- Apply up to 4 labels per plate
- Integrated barcode reader to scan and verify a readable barcode prior to label application
- Placement accuracy: ± 0.35 mm
- Small footprint
- High print quality (600 dpi)
- Label application times of less than 3 seconds per label
- Accommodate plate variance with adjustable height axis
- Process capable and validated, resulting in reduced changeover time, downtime, and liability
- Flexibile print file setup, simply utilize your existing label design software
The Eclipse 100 precisely applies plate labels as an operator manually presents each plate to the applicator via print and apply automation.
Before application, an integrated barcode scanner verifies that each barcode is readable and that the encoded information matches what was entered.
One step up from the Eclipse 100 is the Eclipse 200. Like the Eclipse 100, the 200 also features print and apply automation in combination with scan verification to ensure accuracy.
Additionally, the Eclipse 200 features a rotation nest that allows for hands-free application of microwell plates to multiple sides of the plate.
In addition to the features that come with the 100 and 200—including scan verification and plate rotation, the Eclipse 250 automatically adjusts to the height of any plate after it’s been placed in the nest.
This makes labeling plates of various heights extremely simple as no manual adjustments are required between plates.
- Brochure: Automated Labware Labeling
- Case Study: How RFID enables pre-spotted microwell plates in diagnostic instrumentation
Related Articles from our blog:
- How to Barcode Microwell Plates? Best Practices for Your Lab
- Automatically Label Microplates with the S3200 SQUIX Applicator
- 3 Ways Label Automation Can Align with Lean & 6-Sigma Practices in Laboratories